Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Today was a WOW day...

We were super-busy at the salon today and couldnt take our mid-day visit which made the day really long.  We couldnt wait to get to TallulahLand.  When we got there we were so happy.  She looks really good and really strong.  She was very responsive as usual.  We got there in time for diaper change and temperature check.  The fantastic nurses let me change her.  We found  a lil bit of poo-poo when we opened the diaper, to our surprise.  At this point I couldnt back our from the diaper changer, partly because I REALLY wanted to do it, and partly because the nurse said I had to finish now, as she laughed with Daddy . I was doing ok, front to back and patt it dry, no one likes a u.t.i.  Then all of a sudden, some poo got on my finger.  Now let me say that the size of the entire poo was about the size of a pea. Which is no big deal.  However, when its on my skin, my very sensitive to textures skin, my "I throw up so easy" skin...its a huge deal.  I looked to the side as i was about to gag and there were Daddys big green eyes asking are you gonna be ok.  I took a deep breath and forged ahead with my mission.  A few wipes and folds later and I had won the  war against the diaper.  As if that werent precious enough for one night, the big event was coming.   During  weighing time, the nurses were so kind as to let us hold Tallulah for a few seconds while they clear the scale.  I went first after washing and re washing my hands and sanitizing them.  When they put her into my hands I kind of inhaled.  I have dreamed for this moment for soooooooooo long that I kind of wanted to enjoy it.  I was looking at her hair and her perfect forehead and as i glanced down the bridge of her nose her eyes opened and we stared at eachother eye to eye.  I felt electrified.  I felt like saying "Wonder twin powers....Activate...Form of a Father".   Im a gonner for sure now.  Shes got me wrapped around her tiny pinky finger.  She is amazingly beautiful.  Tiny and perfect in every way.  I held her for too long so we had to do it again.....Oooooops.  ;)   This time Daddy got to hold her.  He was nervous I could see it on his face.  It was a very precious moment for us and i cant thank the girls enough for letting us assist them. 
Mark and I are really opening up to Team Tallulah, and they are opening up to us and it feels really good.  A little pat on the back from a doctor may be routine to him,   but means the world to us.  Sitting there in the nicu is a really serious and fragile enviounment.  I cant be my normal big loud self, but we are getting there.  Its nice to sit and share stories and laugh with the team because its feeling like we get to leave T-Rue with friends....really smart friends......really smart friends with really good technology........really smart friends with access to good technology and good mecidine...you get the point. 
We have the day off tomorrow so we can go spend some time with Tallulah.  Rest and Tallulah are the only things on the menu. 
I will go to sleep tonite with my baby in my hands and in my head and most importantly in my heart!!!!!!!!


R

3 comments:

  1. Squeeee!! I literally have tears in my eyes. I am so happy you got to hold her. I agree that it is the most amazing feeling ever. You are for sure on cloud nine. I am overjoyed for you two. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so amazing i am rediculously happy for u guys thats such a huge milestone keep up the good work baby t!
    luv tiffc

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best story yet...
    More healing thoughts for Tallulah!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment and let us know that Tallulah is on your mind...Papi, Daddy & Tallulah