Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tallulah Rue the wrestler...

I didn't get a chance to post anything yesterday because I was exhausted.  Tallulah had another big day today.  She has gone from the jet respirator and then moved on to conventional respirator.  Then she grew strong enough to go to the CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure).  She had to wear this big head mask while on that one.  She didn't like it at all...AT ALL!  She said she felt like if she was a member of the W.W.F.  Either that or she was joining the female hockey league.  It didn't help that with the way the hose is connected to her nose she kind of looks like that Indian god that is part elephant.  It was too funny.  I will post pics of it later...  She is going to hate me for taking these pictures of her when shes older.  She only did that for one day and then she said bye-bye to the CPAP and hello to regular oxygen with the clear tubes in her nostrils.  I heart this one!!!  I got to hear her cry!  It was soooooooo cute.  Kind of like a baby kitten crying.  She looks so beautiful.  We can see her mouth now that she is excavated.  Its fantastic. 

Tonight Daddy got to hold her for the first time.  Kangaroo Daddy!  He was soooooo nervous.  He actually got pale a little in the beginning.  I loved it.  I held the mirror for him so that he could see Tallulahs face.  It was so fun to watch his facial expressions.  She is so strong.  She would start to cry, which  I love to hear, and then she would lift her head a little off of Daddys chest.  He would kind of panic.  I would turn the camera on to video the moment.  The hour seemed to whiz on by and before you know it she was going back into her crib.  Daddy was soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy.  He hearts T.  I can tell.  Team Tallulah Nurse Catrina was fantastic with us while we were doing this.  It was better than a day at Magic Mountain.  I cant wait for them to move T to a place where our friends and family can come and see her through the glass.  We have sooooo much genuine support coming that I would love to share her with everyone (through glass that is...LOL).  The sad part about moving over to another room is that we will be working with a whole new crew of nurses.  Our Team Captain Dominque will move with T-Star thank goodness,  but the rest of them stay there in the critical section of the NICU.  We are so used to seeing their smiles and greetings that we are really going to miss them.  Here I go getting all mushy about something that hasnt even happened yet.  Im being a nerd.  I need some sleep.   I promise I will post pics of all of these wonderful changes that T is making.  Thanks again for your support....R

1 comment:

  1. Yay for being off the vent and the CPAP and onto nasal c! Yay for leaving 88 soon! THIS IS HUGE!!! Enough to celebrate for days. You guys, she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment and let us know that Tallulah is on your mind...Papi, Daddy & Tallulah