Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

My oh My...

It has been a major last 2 days for us and T.  First off she is doing fantastic.  As beautiful as ever.  Yesterday, Daddy got to kangaroo care with her again.  He was in heaven.  Its  getting more and more comfortable holding her.  In our evening visit I got to swaddle her.  Holding her in my arms all wrapped up with her big expressive eyes looking up at me was a dream come true.  I enjoy kangarooing with her because she feels so warm on my skin and so relaxed.  But being able to look at her every move and coo is what I live for.  Her every yawn, saliva bubble and semi-cry are simply amazing to me.  I know I've said it before but Daddy and I have been talking about this baby Tallulah for so long that to have her looking back at me is just a WOW  moment. 
As if that weren't enough for one post I have more news.  As we walked in for our nightly visit we were instantly told that Tallulah had been moved into a new room.  She has been upgraded to a less critical room.  Its her first graduation.  I'm going to have to get her a little cap and gown.  It was weird walking into the new room.  I felt like the new kid at school.  Not my normal familiar faces smiling back at me.  Not my normal corner spot near the weight conversion scale.  NOPE.  Instead a bunch of new babies, nurses and families.  Don't get me wrong they were all smiles and stuff,  but still.  Tallulah seems to like her new room too.  She feels a little more grown.  I am so thankful for all of the nurses in room 288 for all of their patience, knowledge, care, comfort and guidance through the most difficult and amazing journey of our lives.  I will never forget any of your faces!  I may forget your names, but I never forget faces...So don't get mad at me when we bump into eachother at Target and I dont say your name....You are appreciated!  R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment and let us know that Tallulah is on your mind...Papi, Daddy & Tallulah