Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Middle of the road...

Tallulah is not having the worst day in the world, but she is not having the best either...its kind of one of those middle of the road days.  Her precious little lungs are having a hard time keeping up with her.  Nothing major, just a little dip in the roller-coaster ride that is the NICU.  All and all she is doing great.  My mother and I went in together while Daddy went to Target photo department to pick up a  photo book made for Tallulah with the first 8 weeks worth of photos in it.  I took her temperature first and then it was bath time.  I got nervous for some reason.  Its not like I haven't done it before but it was the first time I was doing it for Team Tallulah Nurse Nellie....  WOW.  That sounded like a cute cartoon character name.  Team Tallulah Nurse Nellie, T T N N .  I like it.  Okay.  So it was the first time my mother was watching me do it too.  When I get nervous I talk...go figure...so that's what I did here.  Just talked my way through it.  Step by step.  Literally.  Asking T T N N for instructions as I went.  Before I would go on to the next step I would ask for permission and then do it.  My mothers hands were in the air trying their hardest to stay out of the crib.  She is a control freak like me. I kept reminding her that all her changing experience wasn't worth squat with me because she had 3 boys...she has no clue on changing girls...XX  XX.  That stands for clap clap   clap clap.  While bathing her she decided to take a peepee.  Luckily we had put down one of those thick pad things to catch it all up.  After we bathed her we diapered her and changed her bedding.  We got her all relaxed and ready for her meal.  She is really drinking it up.  Thank goodness.  Daddy got there and mom left and he came in.  We loved on her and loved on her and loved on her and then had to go.  I heart my Tallulah Rue.......................................R

1 comment:

  1. Hi Richie,
    I really enjoyed reading your stories here; you sure do wear your heart on your sleeve! I just love seeing daddies with their little girls, because I know she's got you in a heartlock for the rest of your lives now. Thanks for sharing your feelings so expressly--you're such a moosh!--Janet Esparza

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment and let us know that Tallulah is on your mind...Papi, Daddy & Tallulah