Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

I missed a day of posting...sorry

Tallulah + work = Exhausted.  I didnt get a chance to write yesterday because i worked all day, visited my sunshine, worked again, visited my sunshine then came home and crashed!  My T is doing good.  She has made a really good turn.  She is now being fed breastmilk.  YAY!  The doctors didnt think she would get here for a bit, but my Rue is doing her thing.  She is looking better and better every visit.  They are giving her the smallest amount of milk that they can and they are feeding it to her through tubes, but im still very very excited.  Her insulin levels continue to play around but her blood pressure and heart rate are pretty consistent (thanks to the power or prayer and her strength).  The nurses replaced her eye goggles that they keep on her to protect her eyes, and I got to keep them.  They smell just like her.  I want to eat them.  Its very animalistic, mamal like for me when i smell her.  I inhale so hard like i want to inhale her.  Her scent gives me a tickle in my belly button, but all the way to the back like in my spine.  I cant describe it.  Kinda like a cat in catnip.  I just cant get enough of it. 

Today was a little harder for us.  T cant seem to keep her art line in.  Which means every hour they have to prick her little tiny heel to get a blood sample to test her insulin and to test her blood gas.  Its so hard to watch.  She wrinkels her forehead and gets so angry.  It breaks my HEART!!!  She is really funny to watch while Daddy and I are standing there talking to her.  Her eyes go from him to me, to me to him.  I love it.  She is so squiggly that I have found myself calling her SquigglyMcSquiggler.  The doctor there tonite told me he had never seen such a tiny baby act as active as her.  I dont know if he meant it as a compliment, but i smiled and glowed with pride.  Thats my lil devil!  I changed her yesterday and took her tempature.  She did really really well.  The nurses tell me front to back, front to back, no one wants a U.T.I.  LOL.   One of the nurses made her the cutest lil hat.   Im going to post a picture i took of her in it tomorrow.  Im off to sleep now.  Im so tired that im running on dust!  thanks for all of your support.  We are living on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment and let us know that Tallulah is on your mind...Papi, Daddy & Tallulah