Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Tallulah had a great thanksgiving.  Daddy and I had a fantastic one.  T looked amazing and was responding really well.  The nurses that worked yesterday were so generous.  My mother and I were in there with T and she decided to open her eyes for us.  It was the best present EVER!!!  Everytime i spoke to her, her eyes would gaze on me.  I would stop talking and her eyes would roll in around and blink.  Then i would start singing to her or just talking to her or just calling her my pretty girl and those beautiful eyes would  roll over to me and stay fixated.  IT WAS CRAZY AMAZING!!!!  She wrapped me around her little tiny finger in 1.1 second.  Im so happy that my mother was there to share it with me.  Tallulah is so beautiful that i melts me.  Holding her hand and looking into her eyes is paradise.  We stared at eachother for just a few minutes, but it felt like a lifetime.  I cant wait to go back today and see her.  Her skin is looking good and aside from having trouble with her art(?) line, everything else is looking good.  Shes looking bigger to me.  Mark and I came home and pulled out all of our family albums and went through pics trying to figure out whos features we see in her already. 
We got together with my family and ate like pigs.  We had TurDucken,  mashed potatoes, arros con gandules, green bean casserole, sweet potatoe pie.......we were stuffed.  The funniest thing about my thanksgiving was we ended up playing with my brothers guns.  Go figure.  Thanksgiving + 2 handguns = crazy people.  My mother was mad and yelling at us to put them away.   Mark was calling us Charlies Angels.  My sister in law was cracking up and me and my brother pretending we were pointing the guns at intruders like in the movies.  Let me rewind a bit to say that I dont normally play with real guns.  My brothers house and car have been broken into several times in the last few months and the police advised him to get one for him and his wife for safety.   They both took the class at the sherrifs dept and got licensed.  The guns are new and little and pretty.  My sister in laws even has a laser light that points out so I think you can scare a theif away without having to use the bullet.  They keep them locked up in a proper place safely, but it was kinda fun.  
Ok.  Back to Tallulah.  We are going to see her in a bit here as soon as we get ready.  I would really like to say a special thanks to Nurses Heather, Vangie and Kimberly for spending part of their special day caring for my special lady.  It takes a very selfless person to care for someone elses child while wanting to be with their own.  I cant thank you and all of the staff there yesterday and everyday enough.  We are starting to feel like part of the NICU family and i now know what that means.  There was a mother there picking up her angel.  Her baby was born at 25 weeks and had been there for 4 months.  She was so happy and excited.  She brought presents and food and cake to all of the staff.  She even left a congrat card and premie clothes for Tallulah to welcome her to the family.  It was really inspiring.  I imagined us in a few months doing the same thing and got so ecited.  One day i am going to be that parent and i am going to remember to do that same thing to someone.  It means the world to me and I cant thank her enough.  Ok.  we are off to what we call T-world.  Its the best amusement park in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     R.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment and let us know that Tallulah is on your mind...Papi, Daddy & Tallulah