Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

not home yet....

Ok. Tallulah was not ready to come home yet. She is having some final testing done and should be ready by the end of this week (god willing). Nothing major has changed her coming home, just the roller-coaster ride that is life in the N.I.C.U. Tallulah is doing fantastic. She is weighing in at 4 lbs 8 oz. She is smiling as much as ever, even though I haven't taken a picture in what feels like forever. I just found the camera in the office box and will take some of my cupcake. She is getting fuller and fuller and prettier and prettier. Shes also been using her lungs a lot lately. Exercising her lungs is what I like to call it. Especially when its close to feeding time. We have all of the equipment that she is going to need when she comes home. Not a lot. A lot less than I expected. One of them she only needs to wear when she is sleeping. Considering the amount of equipment that she had on her the day she was born these few little monitors really don't bother me at all. I'm so excited for her to come home. I want her here already. Don't get me wrong, I am going to miss the nurses and doctors and staff at the hospital. Well most of them. There are 2 that I would like to ......I'm not going down that road. There are so many that I love and am going to miss seeing their pretty eyes. Their friendly smiles. Their gentle touch. They have taught me and Daddy how to be Daddy's. We have had an almost 4 month course on nursing a baby. Well not really "nursing" since neither of us lactate, but everything else you think of when I say nursing a baby. All of the technical stuff. The Patience these nurses have. Daddy and I have tried to always remember something that was said at our first Tuesday Team Tallulah meeting..."We are here to care for your child, nurture them, and provide them all of the medical advantages that we can offer to help her grow healthy, you find a support system outside of her hospital caregivers to snap on when you stress out". It sounded crazy but made so much sense. I thought to myself who would be crazy enough to snap or scream at the nurses and doctors taking care of your baby? Well I now know. A lot of people do. You know who doesn't? Me and Daddy. Why? Because they are the most important reason that T is here today. Their care and kindness and love has humbled me beyond words. I will definitely be taking Miss T to visit her friends and bother them once she comes home. Home. I want her home already...Didn't I already say that....ok..bye...R

3 comments:

  1. Squeee! The big day is almost here! You guys have made it through so much. You guys can handle anything now. T-Rue has some super Daddies.

    Once you guys get settled in we (the Santiagos) would love to come by. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was bummed to hear that she didn't get to go home yet, but once you do have her home... you better come visit as she grows bigger and gets older! I'll sure miss seeing you guys and being able to hang with Tallulah!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment and let us know that Tallulah is on your mind...Papi, Daddy & Tallulah