Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Catching you guys up...sorry..

I haven't blogged,  I haven't blogged,  I haven't blogged!  I have had the last few days of craziness.  Work, driving to the hospital, working....you get the point.  Even though I haven't blogged, Tallulah has had some major, major changes.  Let me go back a few days and say that we have been blessed to get the very best breast milk for
Tallulah that money can buy.  We got a major insider tip from a angel at the milk bank.  God, if you would have told me that I would be talking about milk banks and breasts as an everyday part of my life I would not have believed you!  Anyway,  we got a major tip from the angel that I will call "Angel".  Angel called us and told us that the bank had just received a shipment of some of the highest quality milk that they had ever seen.  Apparently this donor, I'll call "Donor",  was producing a large amount of milk and a very high quality high calorie milk.  They even had some hind milk available.  For those of you that don't know what hind milk is.....google it.  Just kidding.  Its basically the milk that comes out in the second half of the process.  It has more nutrients and calories and is kind of creamier and sweeter (you know I had to taste it).   "Angel" contacted the donor and connected her with us and the rest is...well its still happening but it is happening fantastic.  I believe in being a good person and good things happen to you.  The fact that "Angel" went out on a limb for 2 guys and a baby that she had never really met just  blows my mind.  I believe in miracles, I believe "in prayers, I believe in asking and pleading and begging the universe to either provide for me or lead me to the work so that I can provide, I believe in being kind and generous to every single person you meet every day!  It is because of some kind words we said to "Angel", our story, our conversations, or just the kindness of her heart.  I also think of "Donor" and if she knows how I am watching Tallulah flourish because of her nourishment?  I wonder if she knows that I go to sleep at night praying for her and her family?  I wonder if when shes pumping her milk she knows that Tallulah has improved so much since receiving her milk that it is mind boggling?  I wonder if she knows that I will one day be an old man telling people and Tallulah about "Donor" and how she makes Wonder Milk.  I could go on forever.  I just hope she reads this one day and knows from the bottom of one parent heart to another.....THANK YOU!!! 

Tallulah went from taking hardly any of her formula to taking 30ccs of Wonder Milk.  She absolutely loves it.  Tonight she took all 30ccs from me from a bottle.  That's one of her new tricks.  She takes her meals in a bottle now.  WHAT WHAT!!  She is pacing herself beautifully and I heart watching it.  Daddy and I are in such a different zone right now that its kind of scary.  After 12 weeks of praying and praying and praying...we are starting to realize that its time to celebrate!  We have a gorgeous daughter.  I want to write it in the sky with a plane and then jump out of it and when my parachute opens it says "I heat Tallulah".  She is going to be spending her first night tonight in an open crib.  No heater, no lid, no nothing.  Just a grown up girl crib.  Are you freakin kidding me? ! ?  She is doing her thing folks.  That Wonder Milk is no joke.  Tallulah is so responsive and expressive and attentive that it is amazing.  I am going to post a pic of me feeding her tonight and behind her is her big girl crib.  I'm poopered and going to bed.  I love you guys for your support and Tallulah strength comes in waves from all of you and she just gets to relax, smile and ride the wave.   Keep them coming.....R

3 comments:

  1. We're watching and are so overjoyed to be making a difference in your precious little girl's life. Drink up, T, there's more where that came from!
    Donor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..now im totally crying..didnt expect "Donor" to read this. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow. What a blessing. I smiled so big reading this post. I want to hug 'Donor' also!
    She is getting so big and strong. I cant believe how far she has come. You have an amazing little girl already. Love you guys and I should come by the shop soon! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment and let us know that Tallulah is on your mind...Papi, Daddy & Tallulah